Friday, June 30, 2006

I get ignored in my own dreams

I was in the library and this man I know called me. Rather than answer my phone I decided to go to his house which was, conveniently, in the same building as the library; I figured he was really close and I wanted to talk to him in person. I went into a bedroom which I suppose was his, although I have been in his bedroom while awake and this one was much nicer...Anyway, he and this girl who I have met a few times were there. She was kind of poking around and messing with stuff and he was lounging on the bed playing on a laptop and talking on the phone.

I had something important to say but every time I tried to tell him he picked up the phone and said a few things to the person on the other end. This went on for a while. I could sort of hear the other person on the phone, you know, like when someone has the volume turned up rediculously loud. It wasn't a normal conversation; he only picked up the phone every once in a while.

Since he wasn't listening to me I decided to write him a note, because I thought what I needed to tell him was terribly important. I didn't have any paper but I did have a photograph of myself so I decided to write on that. It wasn't just an ordinary photo, though, it had an elaborate scene painted on it and parts of it were raised like those puffy stickers from when I was a kid.

The problem was that the picture was too small so I used a machine to enlarge it. I couldn't seem to make it big enough. I made a bunch of copies because I kept trying to get it perfect, but every time it came out of the machine something was wrong with it. Finally I settled for version that was "ok", it was acceptable and it was close to being as good as I wanted it to be. I was pretty disappointed though.

As I was doing that I overheard his end of the phone conversation. He was talking to his parents--one at a time of course. I guess he was going to be going on vacation to visit them because he said they would have to leave Friday night and drive through the night in order to get there in time. During his weird phone thing I was busy trying to make him something that I thought would be cool.

When I started to write my message on the picture I realized that most of the picture was very dark and there wasn't room on the light part for everything I needed to say. If the area wasn't almost black there was something pretty on it and I didn't want to write over that. I looked all over and found a light yellow-green gel pen to use. It showed up, but the more I wrote the more it leaked and smudged and broke. I ended up with a big pool of ink all over the picture and my note was illegible.

I was trying to make this thing for the girl too because I thought it would be pretty and I thought she would like it but I just couldn't get it right.

He talked to me a little bit but he wasn't really paying attention. While he was pretending to be engaged in our conversation he was also talking to some girl on his laptop and it was really frustrating that he wouldn't pay attention because I thought what I was saying was important.

x