Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Needles and yardwork

I woke up at 4:03 pm, 6 hours after I had to be up. I rushed to a friend’s house. The house was full of that horrible wood paneling and it was quite bare. I looked at the clock on the wall and noticed that it was only 1:03 and I wasn’t as late as I had thought. I soon noticed that all the clocks were wrong and it was, in fact, only 11:03 and everything was fine.

Next thing I know I am in a girl’s car on my way to a photo shoot with a bunch of other girls. Again, I was starting to worry that I would be late. It was dark, and though we knew where we were supposed to be, a little place right off the highway, we couldn’t figure out how exactly to get there. We were following another car of girls and they turned off the highway too quickly for us to keep up, we had to go way out of our way to find an exit or a place to turn around.

Finally we got into the parking lot and got out of the car. The girl who had been driving asked me if I would mind if she snorted something, I said no, it was fine. Then she pulled out a needle and was going to shoot something. She wouldn’t tell me what it was, but it was electric blue. She asked if I would like to join her. I really seriously considered it for a long time but decided not to.



I was in my yard only instead of being my yard it was huge--almost plantation-like. I was working but it was clear that I was of some higher social status than the other workers. One of the workers, my “employees” was an older woman with a sincere smile. I noticed that she had totally cleaned up my formerly disastrous garden and had started planting things. She was telling me about how she wanted to plant climbing roses on the back couple of rows. I was filled with gratitude that she had wanted to do so much for me. She was all smiles and quite happy. I didn’t know how to thank her so I gave her a handful of cash. She tried to refuse the money but I wouldn’t let her. Before I got into my car and drove off we made plans to plant together soon.

x