Friday, June 02, 2006

this is what I get for eating sushi twice in one day...

My dream started off in this restaurant that I worked at very briefly, but had taken the place of a place I had worked at for many years which I absolutely loved. In addition to the hundreds of new servers and staff that I didn’t know, there were several from the current restaurant that I know and many from the original. There were some that I didn’t even really like when we worked together, but having been through so many years together, I still have some sort of fondness for them. I was not working there, I was just in to say hi, but there were so many of my old friends that I stayed for a long time. Anthony, who was sort of a manager from the first place and was a really good friend of mine was there and I spent most of the time with him, but he was pretty busy with work stuff.. I somehow ended up attending their morning line up (there were literally hundreds of servers) and I watched them all having fun with each other. We somehow got our cell phones all mixed up and I was looking for mine. When I found it I gave it to Aaron (who we called useless sac, long story) and asked him to put his number in it. After he took it, I couldn’t find it for a while. I had what I thought was my phone, but when I picked it up and started going through it to see if he added any offensive crap I realized it was someone else’s and found some really disturbing text messages.
In my dream, the current restaurant had for some reason decided to open a new branch in this woman’s house. Background: Sandy, the homeowner, is the mother of a friend of mine who I have known since I was 4. There were 3 of us in the neighborhood and it was almost like we shared families. It was a weird situation but whatever… her daughter Paige (not really) was one of my best friends growing up and yet somehow, we never talk anymore. It’s more than a lost connection, though, because it is almost like we don’t like each other anymore, a fact that doesn’t really bother me even though I think it is most unfortunate and I don’t really understand why.
So I’ was sitting in this “restaurant” which is in a house that I haven’t been in for almost 10 years but it looked exactly the same. There were servers running all around and apparently, sleeping in the bedrooms but there were no tables in sight. The company that I was with was mostly old friends of mine from the 2 previously mentioned restaurants and also Paige and the other girl who lived on the block, Becky (not really). Beck I am still friends with and I love her dearly but we only see each other or talk about once a month. So we were hanging out in the living room and I asked where all the business was. Becky explained to me that the tables were actually in the garage. I thought that was hysterical and kept laughing and saying “but I used to pee in there!” (I don’t think I ever really did, though). At this point Paige was nowhere to be found, probably doing something in another room and the only people there NOT working were Becky, myself and a couple of old friends of mine. For some reason the topic of our mothers came up and Becky and I ended up in a pretty heated argument over which one of our mothers was more abusive when we were kids…it was not a great time. This little exchange ended up with both of us crying on each other’s shoulders for some time. Then Becky said something about how Sandy was only getting 350 dollars a month rent from the restaurant. At that point I freaked out saying that if they were in a real building they would be paying at least 4 times that and that they were taking complete advantage of her. I was outraged and said that she was all of our mothers and how could they (Becky and Paige) do that to her? Her response was “she likes the money; she doesn’t mind that it’s only 350.00”. This prompted a screaming fight between the two of us. I didn’t understand them taking advantage of her especially because the restaurant didn’t have a license and if they got caught it would be Sandy, not the shitty company, who got in trouble. At some point, Paige walked in from the kitchen and heard what was being said. She immediately took Becky’s side of the argument and told me to leave and that she didn’t want to see me again. I said “fine, Paige”, I didn’t have any fight left in me by that time and as I was leaving she hugged me and said that she missed me and needed me. I woke up literally sobbing and couldn’t stop for a good five minutes.

Pretty crazy, huh?