Saturday, June 03, 2006

Bag o' cousins

Here’s another one that took place at my mom’s old house. I’m not really sure what that’s all about, but if 3 of my last notable dreams involved her house or the neighborhood, there must be some significance, right. This must have taken place several years ago, as my son was just a baby and the little kids that lived down the street were probably 3 and 8 years old (they’re probably in high school now).

I was in the house with my mom (my son was asleep). It must have been very early in the morning. We were standing in the kitchen when my mom told me that she had just killed two of her cousins because they wanted to hurt my son. I don’t know if she had chopped them up or what, but they were in bags on the kitchen counter. I realized that they were going to begin to stink soon and I would have to bury them. As I looked out the window into the back yard my mom told me that burying them would be my job. She said a good place would be underneath the big tree in the back yard. I was suspicious that maybe she had already started burying them in the garden, but she assured me that she had not.

I took the bags o’ cousin out to the driveway, right in front of the garage. I was to put the bodies in a big box that a rocking horse had come in. So I had the box, the rocking horse, the bogs of bodies and assorted decorative things spread out in the driveway. It was a Saturday morning and I could hear the spider man theme song playing on the TV in the house. I thought I would have some privacy because the neighbor kids would be watching cartoons too…but they weren’t, they were playing in their back yard right in my line of sight. I quickly filled the box with a layer of white tissue paper and the bag of cousins followed by another layer of tissue paper. At that time the kids came over to see what I was doing. I tried to close the box as best I could and told them that I was wrapping a present for my mom’s cousin. The little girl (the older one) said “oh, but the present isn’t in the box”. I confirmed this but didn’t elaborate. Because the rocking horse was still sitting nearby I pointed to that and suggested that it was the present. I decorated the box and got out a can of brown spray paint. The box was made of some sort of foam, you see, and I thought a layer of paint might make it sturdier (it was a dream, blow me). I started spray painting the rocking horse with the brown spray paint when their mother came over to see what was going on. I tried to act as normal as possible. The little boy (probably 3 years old) kept getting closer and closer to the horse until he ended up getting paint all over his clothes.

Thoughts?

x